Do you know that the National Open University of Nigeria has been approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) to run their nursing program?
Using this medium, I’ll love to inform all candidates seeking admission into the National Open University of Nigeria Nursing programme for the 2020/2021 academic session, that they can now apply for admission into this program.
Take note, it’s important that you go through the NOUN’s nursing programme admission requirements.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PROGRAMMES IN SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Admission Requirements for B.Sc. Public Health
For all aspirants and candidates, intending to enter the B.Sc Public Health Programme, they must satisfy the University admission requirements as listed below:
DIRECT ENTRY (ADMISSION INTO 200 LEVELS)
All aspiring candidates may be admitted into 200 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualifications:
Also Read: NOUN Current Student Payment Fee.
1. Candidates must have, at least five (5) credit level passes at not more than two (2) sittings at the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE/NECO/GCE) examinations in the following subjects as listed below:
- Biology or Health Science,
- English Language
- Physics or any other science subject.
2. All aspirants should take note, that they are required to have an additional qualification from any health-related discipline as;
- Community Health Officer Training Certificate (CHO),
- NCE (Physical/Health Education, Science Education, Nutrition, Home Economics)
- Health Superintendent,
- Registered Nurse (RN),
- Medical Laboratory Science, etc.
Please, all aspiring candidates should take note that they are required to have one (1) year post qualification experience. Having a 1-year post qualification is requested to be eligible and qualified for admission into the National Open University Nursing Programme.
Please take note that you can NOT be offered admission into 100 levels. This option is not available.
Admission Requirement for BNSc. Nursing Programme
This is the list of all requirements for candidates intending to enter the BNSc Degree. They must have the following qualifications:
- For your application to be successful, you are required to have five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE, NECO in the following subjects:
- English Language,
- You must have a registered Nurse or Midwifery Certificates/Diploma of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria before your application will be approved for admission into NOUN nursing program.
- You must have a verifiable and valid practice license issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- You are also required to have a six months working experience and a letter of attestation from the current place of clinical practice for registration into the Noun nursing program.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or a good first degree in a related field of study. Remember, you are required to five (5) credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject, and two (2) other subjects.
Once you have these qualifications, then you are eligible to apply for the program. CLICK HERE to commence your NOUN registration.
Wishing you the very BEST and don’t forget to share this information with your friends on Facebook, twitter, and WhatsApp, using the share buttons below.