Are you aspiring to study Urban and Regional Planning in any Nigerian tertiary institution? Note that before participating in the forthcoming UTME exercise, you need to know the right JAMB subject combination for Urban and Regional Planning.
What is Urban and Regional Planning?
Urban and regional planners are required to have the following;
- Excellent and good technical skills in land use planning,
- High level of communication skills,
- Knowledge of design,
- Economics and law,
- Is capable and able to demonstrate sound ethical and professional behaviour.
Persons who study Urban and regional planning work in government agencies, consultancies and development firms.
Please be informed that the major reason why this article was published here on AfricaStatus, is to provide the real and correct JAMB Subject Combination for Urban and Regional Planning for all candidates, who will be participating in this year’s UTME exercise.
I want to aid all candidates who don’t know or are not sure of the required O’level subjects they will be examined as aspiring Urban and Regional Planning Students in Nigerian Universities, Polytechnics, etc.
JAMB Subject Combination For Urban and Regional Planning
The correct combination to use during your JAMB registration as an aspirant of Urban and Regional Planning are as follows;
- English Language (compulsory for all courses)
- Mathematics/Economics and
- Any other Social Science or Pure Science subject.
O’Level Subject Combination For Urban and Regional Planning.
O’level means either WAEC, NECO or GCE. Candidates who wish to study this course are required to register a maximum of nine (9) subjects for an Urban and Regional Planning degree. However, if you are resitting your Waec, Neco examination, you can decide to even register less than 9 subjects.
Note that you’re required to have at least, Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Geography, and any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Government, Biology, Art, History, IRK/CRK, Social Studies and Tech Drawing.
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Nigerian Language
- Any trade subject.
Direct Entry Requirement for Urban And Regional Planning:
The direct entry requirements to study Urban And Regional Planning are:
(i) Two (2) A LEVEL passes in Geography and Mathematics
(ii) ND/HND upper credit in Town Planning or related programmes plus UTME requirements are accepted.
Universities Offering Urban and Regional Planning.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – Abu
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State – Bauchi
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State – Bayero
- Baze University, Abuja, Fct – Baze
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State – Bells
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – Bsu
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State – Caritas
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – Coou
- Crawford University, Igbesa, Ogun State – Crawford
- Cross River University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – Crutech
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State – Cuab
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – Esutech
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – Futa
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – Futo
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State – Gregory
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – Ilorin
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – Imsu
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State – Jabu
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – Jos
- Kaduna Polytechnic (Affiliated To Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria) Kadpoly-Abu.
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST.
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – Unilag.
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology – Lautech
- Modibbo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State.
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State – Minna
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State – Nasarawa
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – Naub
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU.
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology – RSUST.
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – Uniosun
- University Of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State – Unn
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – Uyo
- Wesley University, Ondo, Ondo State.
JAMB Syllabus for Urban and Regional Planning.
It is very essential to go through the free offered JAMB syllabus for Urban and regional planning. As registrants of UTME, you’ll be given a syllabus. However, you can go through the online syllabus, which will help you be aware of the required areas of concentration to study.
See the Official JAMB Syllabus for Urban and Regional Planning
It is very important to be aware, that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board will be conducting the UTME examination early this year [Year].