Aiming to study Business administration as a course in any Nigerian University or Polytechnic? Here are the correct and official O’level and JAMB subject combination for business administration.
This is to notify and inform all aspiring UTME candidates, who are yet to register for 2023 JAMB UTME exercise, that this article contains the correct subject combination for Business Administration, Universities and Polytechnics offering this course, etc.
Take note that filling in the correct subject combination will ensure that you get admitted into your school of choice and your faculty. When going for Business Admin., you’ll surprisingly discover that some candidates might even add science subjects or very unrelated subjects in their JAMB combination, making it awkward and this may likely cause you, your admission, even if you scored 400 in UTME.
To ensure you get maximum knowledge about the correct subject combinations, we did thorough research, to provide all candidates who are yet to register, the knowledge of the best O’level subjects they will be examined on as aspiring Business Administrators.
The O’level requirements and subject combination needed to study Business Administration consist of; Five (5) SSCE credit passes which must include:
- English Language,
*. Any two (2) subjects (Accounting, Business Methods, Geography, Government, and Statistics).
1). Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) requires five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including Mathematics, English Language, Economics, and any other two (2) subjects.
2). Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA) accepts two (2) other ‘O’-level credit passes among Accounting, Commerce, Government, and Geography.
3). FED-DUTSINMA accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes to include: Mathematics, English Language, Economics/ Marketing/ Entrepreneurship/ Commerce, and any two (2) subjects.
4). Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) and ABUJA accept Commerce instead of Economics
5). While the University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Use of English Language, Economics, and any two (2) of Financial Accounting, Geography, Government, Business Management, CRS/IS.
6). Plateau State University (PLASU) accepts Principles of Accounts instead of Economics or Commerce.
7). While the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) rejects commercial subjects.
8). The Nnamdi Azikwe University (UNIZIK) accepts Mathematics, English, and any three (3) important subjects. They also allow pass in Economics.
Jamb Subject Combination For Business Administration
Here are the required and official subjects for business administration.
- English Language (compulsory for all courses)
- Economics and,
- Any other Social Science subject.
Nigeria Universities that Offer Business Administration.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross River State
- Augustine University
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Dustin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- Hezekiah University, Umudi,
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kings University Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Novena University, Ogume
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye,
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Summit University.
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada (UNIABUJA)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Veritas University, Abuja.
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State.
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State.
- Yobe State University, Damaturu.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
Top 10 Business Administration Universities In Nigeria.
Here are the list of 2023 top 10 best universities to study Business Administration in Nigeria. Note that this list is not in any particular order.
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN (UNILORIN)
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG)
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA (UNN)
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA (ABU ZARIA)
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY, OTA
- LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY (LASU)
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA (UNIABUJA)
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY (DELSU)
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO (BUK)
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO (UNIUYO).
- Business Management
- Actuarial Science
- Banking and Finance
- Secretarial Administration
- Public Administration.
Direct Entry Admission Requirement.
Here’s the Direct Entry (DE) requirement for the Business Administration course.
- Two ‘A Level’ passes are chosen from any of these subjects.
Five SSC credit passes in the following subjects listed below.
- English Language,
You are to select any two (2) subjects from Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Geography, Government, and Statistics.
Business Administration Jamb Syllabus.
Knowledge is Power, and knowing vital information regarding the forthcoming UTME will settle you in an upper position to be admitted into your school of choice. To ensure you score high in UTME, you are required to go through the approved syllabus, which will provide you, with vital topics which the UTME questions will be drawn from.
Read Also: JAMB Syllabus for Business Administration.
It is also important that all candidates, who will be sitting for this year’s forthcoming Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination, should note that the exam will purely be Computer-Based.
Where Can I Work with a Business Administration Degree?
Graduates of Business administration do have a wide variety of options in the employment arena. This is mainly because they have the capacity to function and work anywhere there is a business activity. They can also work in industries where new products are developed. Business administration degree holders can also decide to work as;
- Business Analysis.
- Human resources.
- IT management.
- Banking and finance departments.
- Consultant and Business Developer, etc.
What is Business Administration?
The study of this course includes the performance or management of business operations and taking or making decisions that affect the business, as well as the efficient organization of people and other resources.
Business administrators are required to have the ability to direct activities toward common goals and objectives, for the overall good of the company and continuous growth.